The research activities focus on the analysis of (bio)organic molecules (i.e. drugs, pharmaceuticals, endogenous compounds, and metabolites thereof).
The analytical method of choice is mass spectrometry (MS). In most cases, MS is hyphenated to chromatographic methods (liquid chromatography or gas chromatography).
Research activities are indented to optimize the complete analytical process. We are working on the optimization of chromatographic techniques, on the improvement of the mass spectrometric detection of biomolecules, on the optimization of sample preparation procedures, and the application of the established techniques in fields like forensic analysis, metabolomics, environmental analysis, diagnostics, therapeutic drug monitoring, and metabolic profiling.
- Development of a tandem mass spectrometric library for the identification of small molecules - “Wiley Registry of Tandem Mass Spectral Data, MSforID”
- Non-Targeted LC-MS/MS for systematic toxicological analysis
- Human biomonitoring
- Water analysis
- Wastewater-based epidemiology of COVID-19
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Metabolic profiling of pharmaceuticals
- Electrochemical simulation of oxidation reactions involving nucleic acids